When you visit Paris, wine is always on the menu as is a visit to the Eiffel Tower. The same can be said about Switzerland and the Alps. Saying no to bratwurst in Germany could disappoint your taste buds and taking a pass on Swedish meatballs in Scandinavia would be a crime!
How important is indulging in cuisine while seeing the most talked-about national sites when traveling? Extremely so – especially when visiting nearby Belize where natural wonders like the Belize Barrier Reef and the tastiest food in Central America await. Extend your pleasure by sojourning on a small private island-like Coco Plum Island Resort and your Belize vacation will be awesome.
- Get to know the food and drinks of Belize: Your culinary journey begins at the entrance of Coco Palms restaurant. Spectacular libation choices are impressive and the food is divine. Ms. Jude and her team are wizards at crafting traditional Maya, Mestizo, and Garifuna cuisine and diners can choose from indoor seating or an al fresco over-water porch facing the ocean.
- Get to know the people of Belize: Open your mind and heart to Belize by taking cultural tours. Coco Plum’s tour menu is so expansive, that you’ll wonder how an island this small can offer this much variety. From cooking classes to sunset a cruise plus the chance to roam nearby Hopkins, visitors love interacting with the area’s English-speaking populace.
- Get to know the Belize Barrier Reef: Apart from Australia, only Belize has a barrier reef in its backyard, thus even tourists who have no desire to jump into the water to dive, snorkel and swim stand in awe of this magnificent natural wonder. For those in-country to admire rather than perspire, a fishing or sailing expedition gets you close to this ageless coral wonder.
- Get thee on a Belize nature tour: Whether your preference runs to zoos or you prefer trekking into a jungle to see wildlife like exotic birds, monkeys, and other exotic creatures in their natural environments – nature tours on Coco Plum’s menu include cave tubing, zip-lining and so much more, you’ll run out of time before you run out of enthusiasm for this nation’s wonders.
- Take full advantage of your island experience. Everything you require comes with Coco Plum’s Belize all inclusive package so your only two responsibilities are getting to the airport for your short flight south and putting on sunblock upon reaching the island. Your package offers tasty dining at Coco Palms, relaxation in tropical waterfront digs, and access to a staff that is so attentive, you may think them psychic!
Did you know that Coco Plum’s Serenity Spa has been the sole reason couples choose this island over other resorts? It’s true. Other visitors come for the availability of onsite amenities like the resort’s pool, complimentary kayaks, paddleboards, and the opportunity to pilot a Hobie Cat.
Whatever reason you have for seeking a respite, you’re going to discover that the five points we cite on this list barely scratch the surface of what you can expect from a Coco Plum Island Resort sojourn, so feel free to add to our list when you come down!