Getting to Coco Plum Island
How do I get to Belize City?
Coco Plum Island Resort is located about 8 miles off the coast of a sleepy town 80 miles south of Belize City named Dangriga. Belize City is only a two-hour flight from several major U.S. cities such as Miami, Houston, or Dallas. There are daily flights offered to and from the following cities:
- American Airlines flies from Miami (MIA) and Dallas (DFW)
- United Airlines flies from Houston (IAH)
- United Airlines flies from Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) and Chicago (CHI) during certain times of the year
- U.S. Airways flies from Charlotte, N.C. (CLT)
- Delta flies from Atlanta (ATL)
- Delta and American Airlines flies from Los Angeles (LAX)
- TACA flies from San Salvador (SAL) and Guatemala City (GUA)
- Southwest Airlines from Houston Hobby (HOU)
- WestJet from Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
- NEW! Southwest Airlines from Denver (DEN) commencing March 2017 and extended through Summer 2017
- NEW! Southwest Airlines from Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) commencing June 4th, 2017
This info is subject to change so be sure to check with the airlines or your travel agent.
Special Note: Be sure to schedule your international flight to arrive in Belize City (BZE) by 3:30 p.m. Why? The last flight from Belize City to Dangriga departs between 4:30 p.m. and 5:00pm.
How do I get to Coco Plum from Belize City?
Most guests opt to fly on a local carrier from the Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE) in Belize City to Dangriga. The cost of this local flight is not included in the package rate for the All Inclusive, the Just Chillin', or the Dive packages. It is included in the Honeymoon/Lovers' Getaway and the Fishing packages. We will set up this local Belizean flight for you, no matter which package you choose. At the Dangriga airport, a Coco Plum staff member will greet you and drive your party to our boat. Then, it is only a 30-minute boat ride to Coco Plum Island Resort, your small, private island getaway.
Am I responsible for booking my flight from Belize City to Dangriga?
No. Once you have made your reservations with us, we will be happy to make the appropriate local flight reservations for you, just e-mail us your international flight itinerary. The cost of the local round trip flight to and from the international airport in Belize City and Dangriga is approximately $161.50 US per person and flight time is approximately 20 minutes. We generally book this local flight the month prior to your arrival.
What if I am not flying into Dangriga?
Some guests stay with us after (or before) visiting a hotel or resort on the mainland. In those instances, ask your hotel to drop you off at our Dangriga office. It is best to have your hotel call our Dangriga office (M-F 8:00am-12:00pm, 1:30pm-5:00pm-Belize time) at 522-2200 (local Dangriga number) the day prior to your arrival to arrange a drop-off time.
The directions to the office are as follows:
The office is located at 3 miles on the Stann Creek Valley Road, on the right side of the road if you are driving to Dangriga from Belmopan. The office is a 2-story cement building which is painted coral.
Contact us today for more information on getting to Coco Plum Cay