Do you offer rapid antigen testing on site? Yes!
Coco Plum Island Resort has coordinated offering antigen testing for visitors returning to the United States which requires a negative test result upon re-entry. While both vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers can enter and exit Belize and the United States, as announced by the CDC, travel requirements to enter the United States changed on November 8, 2021 and again on December 6, 2021. In all cases, you will need to indicate your vaccination status (and present your vaccine card, if you are vaccinated) upon check in so that our resort can coordinate testing either on the resort property or at Maya Air in the Dangriga Airport, within the 1 day time frame as outlined by the CDC below, so you can enjoy your vacation with peace of mind:
If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. This applies to all air passengers 2 years or older. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
Kindly note, that guests traveling from Commonwealth countries such as Canada and the United Kingdom require PCR tests, these are handled differently from the Rapid Antigen Tests that we offer to US guests. Details about testing can be found under the Covid-19 United States Entry Requirements & Canadian and United Kingdom Travelers sections on this page.
Are you open? Yes!
'Is Belize open for travel?' is one of the most common questions that we receive, and we are glad that we can offer an enthusiastic 'Yes'! This question is often followed by asking, 'What are the Belize travel restrictions?'. We have created this page to answer this question and make it easy to find all the answers you need to make your trip to Belize simple and safe. If you have any queries after reading this page, please contact us to discuss them — we are here to help.
New & Improved Health Standards
Prior to the reopening, the Government of Belize implemented a Tourism Gold Standard which requires enhanced hotel and restaurant cleaning practices, social interaction guidelines, workplace policies, and standard operating procedures, while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. Coco Plum and our sister resorts have all achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certification.
Covid-19 Belize Entry Requirements
The graphic below from the Tourism Board summaries arrival procedures and any Belize travel restrictions. Under the graphic, you will find more details. Kindly note, procedures can change, so it’s best to check with the Belize Tourism Board site for the most up to date information.
Source: Belize Tourism Board | Updated 8/6/2021
Entering Belize - More Details:
- Belize is open for travel, there are a few things that you need to be aware of before your arrival. Effective Monday, August 9th, 2021 all travelers, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, entering Belize from other countries will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test. PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel or a negative result from any approved Antigen Rapid Test taken within 48 hours of travel. If no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of USD $50 per passenger. Only cash is being accepted at this time; credit card machines and ATMs are not available. Children under the age of 5 years will not be required to present a negative test; but children 5 years and older will be required to present a negative test.
FAQ from the Office of the Director of Health Services, Belize:
- For coming into Belize, are travelers required to bring a printed test result or will a soft copy on their phone do? PRINTED PREFERRED
- After several travel updates, are these still the only approved rapid tests? Sophia, SD Biosensor, ABBOT (Panbio) Covid-19 test? YES, ONLY THESE TEST ARE APPROVED
- Are tests that are sold in US pharmacies acceptable? NO
- Are there any test options other than the nose swab? NO
- Can I just do the spit test? NO RAPID SPIT TEST
Upon Arrival in BZE - More Details:
- You will disembark the plane — wearing a face mask — and proceed to health screening. Throughout travel in Belize, you are required to wear a mask, while in public spaces and at the resort’s shared public spaces as well as maintain social distancing.
- If you brought along your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will proceed to the ‘fast track’ lane for Immigration & Customs processing. After clearing Immigration and Customs, continue to the domestic airline, Maya Island Air, to check in and board your local flight. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
- If you were unable to bring the results of a RT-PCR or approved rapid Covid-19 test, you will be required to proceed to the testing area for a COVID-19 test. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00. Only cash is being accepted at this time; credit card machines and ATMs are not available.
- Testing at the airport will be done on a “Swab and Go” basis for tourists that will be staying in Gold Standard hotels.
- Only positive cases will receive notification from the Ministry of Health within 24 hours at our Gold Standard hotel. Any positive tourist can quarantine at our Gold Standard hotel; quarantine is at the passengers’ expense and the Ministry of Health must provide clearance for you to leave quarantine.
- After being cleared by Health Officials, proceed to Immigration and Customs, and then exit the airport via the Tourism Safe Corridor using Gold Standard or certified air or ground transportation.
- In the case of a display of symptoms while at the resort, you will be required to quarantine at the traveler’s expense.
- If you are placed into quarantine, our cancellation and rescheduling policies still apply. If you are required to be quarantined while at the resort for an extended period of time, the resort will provide a discounted rate for accommodations and meals, pending availability. Kindly note this may involve a room change.
- We do not recommend traveling to Belize if you have displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to your arrival date. This will prevent you having to quarantine in Belize for an extended period of time.
- More information regarding entry requirements can be found on the Belize Tourism site: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety . As well as our resort policies which include necessary COVID-19 updates: https://www.cocoplumcay.com/policies.
Covid-19 United States Entry Requirements
Coco Plum Island Resort has coordinated offering antigen testing for visitors returning to the United States which will now require a negative test result upon re-entry.
- Tests will be conveniently administered on property or at Maya Air in the Dangriga Airport, within the time frame as outlined by the CDC prior to your departure by a testing team and CDC-approved 3rd party laboratory so you can enjoy your vacation and leave the planning to us. Because of the November 8 and December 6, 2021 US travel updates, guests will need to inform this resort of vaccine status upon check in and vaccinated travelers will need to show proof of vaccination.
- Testing will be scheduled upon arrival to the island, will be coordinated in accordance with testers availability and offered at your own expense.
- Upon completion of testing, guests can select electronic results as well as obtain a sealed, printed copy.
- In the event of a positive diagnosis, our resort has Covid-19 protocols in place for a guest to quarantine in the comfort of our private island at a discounted rate inclusive of accommodations meals, pending availability. Kindly note this may involve a room change. Contact your reservation specialists directly for additional information. It is our priority to ensure that guests are comfortable until they test with a negative result to depart following governmental and safety guidelines
From the CDC website:
At this time, all air passengers ages 2 or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, must show a negative result of a COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board a flight to the United States.
NOTE: While children under 2 years of age are not required to get a test, CDC recommends a pre-departure test for these children whenever possible.
FAQs about recent US government changes can be found here:
Canadian and United Kingdom Travelers
Guests traveling from Commonwealth countries such as Canada and the United Kingdom require PCR tests which require an appointment at an off-site facility, which can be arranged by the concierge or the front desk at least 48 hours in advance of the day of departure at a cost of US$200.
- The test results usually require 24 hours and will be sent to the guest via email. The off-site facility sends the samples to their clinic in San Pedro via plane to process for results.
- Travelers from the UK and Canada, kindly refer to these sites for more complete details, as guests are responsible for understanding COVID travel requirements:
Coco Plum Island Resort Health & Safety Plan
For the safety of our guests and staff, we have implemented a series of Covid-19 resort precautionary measures to ensure the health and well being while maintaining a warm & welcoming environment as follows:
- Social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces
- Low contact check-in & out procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property
- Enhanced room cleaning & disinfecting and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Daily health checks for guests and employees
- Staff vaccination plan implemented and underway.
- Due to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, tour schedules and availability may be altered. The Front Desk will confirm your tours upon checking in and we will do our best to offer alternative options!
- Guests are encouraged to remain within the Belize safe corridor and to deal with Gold Standard tour operators, restaurants, tour sites, gift shops and certified transportation while in Belize. Our Gold Standard property offers full service amenities (restaurant, bar, pool, direct beach access, and onsite activities)
The following contact info and links have other helpful information for traveling to Belize and safety procedures the country is putting into place.
- Ministry of Health Hotline: 0-800-MOH-CARE (664-2273)
- Belize Tourism Board Information Line: 1-800-624-0686
If you have any questions please contact us via phone or email at [email protected]. We are here to help!