Are you open? Yes!
The Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE) reopened to international travelers on October 1, 2020 with arrival and departure guidelines in place (see below). Our resort also started welcoming international travelers on October 1, 2020.
New & Improved Health Standards
Prior to the reopening, the Government of Belize implemented a Tourism Gold Standard which requires enhanced hotel and restaurant cleaning practices, social interaction guidelines, workplace policies, and standard operating procedures, while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. Coco Plum and our sister resorts have all achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certification.
Flexible Booking and Special Deals
Coco Plum is perfectly poised and committed to protecting health and safety standards while providing a one of a kind vacation experience. We're also offering flexible booking and rescheduling policies, along with red hot deals. See our Specials page for more details.
Covid-19 Entry Requirements
The graphic below from the Belize Tourism Board summaries arrival procedures. Under the graphic you will find more details. Kindly note, procedures can change, so it’s best to check with the Belize Tourism Board site for the most up to date information.
Before Your Visit - More Details:
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information at least 72 hours prior to arrival. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you, and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize. The Belize Health App is available for download at the Apple App Store here https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1526504478. For a temporary period, Android users will need to utilize this link http://reporting.covid19.bz:8080/apex/f?p=141:2. Check back here before arrival for any updates: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety.
- Either present a negative PCR test result taken within the last 72 hours prior to arrival or pay for a test (USD$50) when at the airport at your expense (results to be sent later - see below).
Upon Arrival in BZE - More Details:
- You will disembark the plane — wearing a face mask — and proceed to health screening. Throughout travel in Belize, you are required to wear a mask, while in public spaces and at the resort’s shared public spaces as well as maintain social distancing.
- If you brought along your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will proceed to the ‘fast track’ lane for Immigration & Customs processing. After clearing Immigration and Customs, continue to the domestic airline, Maya Island Air, to check in and board your local flight. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
- If you were unable to bring the results of a PCR test, you must proceed to the testing area where you’ll be required to take a COVID test. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00 (as far as we know, kindly be advised that procedures may change when the airport opens). You will be swabbed at the airport but will continue to be processed through Immigration and Customs, then you will continue to the domestic airline, Maya Island Air, to check in and board your local flight. You will receive your test results at our Gold Standard resort via the Ministry of Health. Should you test positive, you will be required to quarantine at our Gold Standard resort until the Ministry of Health gives you clearance.
- In the case of a display of symptoms while at the resort, you will be required to quarantine at the traveler’s expense.
- If you are placed into quarantine, our cancellation and rescheduling policies still apply. If you are required to be quarantined while at the resort for an extended period of time, the resort will provide a discounted rate for accommodations and meals, pending availability. Kindly note this may involve a room change.
- We do not recommend traveling to Belize if you have displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to your arrival date. This will prevent you having to quarantine in Belize for an extended period of time.
- More information regarding entry requirements can be found on the Belize Tourism site: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety. As well as our resort policies which include necessary COVID-19 updates: https://www.cocoplumcay.com/policies.
Belize's Safe Corridor Traveler Information
Coco Plum Island Resort Health & Safety Plan
For the safety of our guests and staff, we have implemented a series of Covid-19 resort precautionary measures to ensure the health and well being while maintaining a warm & welcoming environment as follows:
- Social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces
- Low contact check-in & out procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property
- Enhanced room cleaning & disinfecting and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Daily health checks for guests and employees
- Due to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, tour schedules and availability may be altered. The Front Desk will confirm your tours upon checking in and we will do our best to offer alternative options!
- Guests will be required to remain on the resort property (unless going on tours with us). Our property offers full service amenities (restaurant, bar, pool, direct beach access, and onsite activities).
The following contact info and links have other helpful information for traveling to Belize and safety procedures the country is putting into place.
- Ministry of Health Hotline: 0-800-MOH-CARE (664-2273)
- Belize Tourism Board Information Line: 1-800-624-0686
If you have any questions please contact us via phone or email at [email protected]. We are here to help!